I’m about to hit you with a mnemonic device that will bring the armies of men into peace with the wood elves. That’s right, I have one device to rule them all when it comes to remembering the eight rules of capitalization, and it comes from “Lord of the Rings.” Is this going to be nerdy? You…
Birth order intrigues me. According to the theory, certain characteristics are associated with your place within a family – whether you are the oldest, middle or youngest child. We can’t choose this particular lot in life. We are simply dealt our hand and we live it out.
As the saying goes, “home is where the heart is.” However, the St. Louis Cardinals have a new saying: It’s where visiting teams go to lose. After the Cardinals blanked the San Francisco Giants 10-0 on Thursday to wrap up their latest home stand, it reasserted a fact that the Cardinals are do…
As the unofficial ending to summer has arrived, I am thinking how lucky I was to be able to spend the summer traveling throughout southern Missouri and getting time with the farmers, families, and local agricultural businesses who proudly call our area home.
At my house we are entering another senior year. As senior years go, I consider myself fairly experienced. I’ve relished in and endured a handful so far (if we’re counting my own and my husband’s). And that’s only high school. College is another story.
I never used to consider myself a bird watcher. But this summer I’ve had various species of birds cross my path. And while they all fly (I haven’t seen any ostriches or penguins), the manner in which they fly differs greatly from bird-type to bird-type.
Did you know that redheaded people only make up 1-2% of the world’s population? There’s a reason we are so scarce: the sun. I’m that person who can get a sunburn on a cloudy day. People have been known to get secondhand sunburns by just standing near me outside on a sunny day. I’m so white I…
- Brown resigns as Public Works director
- Annual rally shifts gears
- TGMO presents donations
- First Vietnam Wall Run set for Sept. 21
- Perryville, St. Vincent prepare for Week 3 matchups
- SV boys, PHS girls earn second place at SV meet
- Perryville man dies in tractor accident
- Pirates win shutout over St. James
- City presents to MCB judges
- Late rally falls short as St. Vincent falls to Scott City
- GALLERY: St. James at Perryville
- GALLERY Pin-Up/Cruise In
- GALLERY: St. Vincent at Scott City
- The most diverse public universities in the US
- GALLERY: Kelly at St. Vincent — 9/13/19
- Valle Catholic at St. Vincent - Aug. 30, 2019
- GALLERY: Perryville at De Soto
- Vaping debate reaches critical mass with mysterious lung illness