The Perryville Garden Club met on Wednesday, April 17, at the Perryville
COLUMBIA — Gardeners should make a pruning tour of their landscape now to touch up trees and shrubs, especially those planted in the past two years, said a University of Missouri horticulturist.
Home technology devices have come a long way, and many homeowners are discovering that their features aren’t just for convenience and comfort. A growing number of technology-enabled home features promote a healthier living space for you and your family.
A home that operates efficiently isn’t just better for the environment. Ensuring your home systems are as efficient as possible can also help reduce the financial burden of maintaining your home throughout the year.
COLUMBIA — Some say that eating something spicy makes a hot summer day seem cooler. “If there is truth in that philosophy, then reaching for the horseradish sauce might be a novel way to stay cool this summer,” said University of Missouri Extension horticulturist David Trinklein.
COLUMBIA — Long before plug-in air fresheners and scented candles, people used plants to make their homes more livable by masking unpleasant odors.
COLUMBIA — Few flowers symbolize the arrival of spring more than peonies. Their huge, lavish blooms and distinctive floral scent make them one of America’s most treasured perennials, said University of Missouri Extension horticulturist David Trinklein.
COLUMBIA — One of the joys of spring is the emergence and flowering of bulbs such as daffodils, tulips and hyacinths, says University of Missouri Extension horticulturist David Trinklein.
The Perryville Garden Club held its regular meeting recently at the Perry County Senior Center after spending the morning weeding, mulching and planting flowers at the Perryville Post Office and the Senior Center.
COLUMBIA — Few things match the culinary delight of fresh peas from the family garden, said University of Missouri Extension horticulturist David Trinklein. Peas are tastiest immediately after being picked, before too much of the sugar converts to starch.
- Annual rally shifts gears
- Brown resigns as Public Works director
- TGMO presents donations
- First Vietnam Wall Run set for Sept. 21
- Perryville, St. Vincent prepare for Week 3 matchups
- SV boys, PHS girls earn second place at SV meet
- City presents to MCB judges
- Perryville man dies in tractor accident
- Clarence M. Schlimpert
- Norma T. Grither
- GALLERY Pin-Up/Cruise In
- GALLERY: Kelly at St. Vincent — 9/13/19
- GALLERY: St. James at Perryville
- GALLERY: Potosi at Perryville
- The most diverse public universities in the US
- GALLERY: St. Vincent at Scott City
- Valle Catholic at St. Vincent - Aug. 30, 2019
- GALLERY: Perryville at De Soto
- Vaping debate reaches critical mass with mysterious lung illness