When you do your Christmas shopping, what do you give the man who has everything? How about an entire city?
Hardee’s General Manager April Cochran (right) presents a check for $500 to American Legion Post 133 commander Paul Kohm. According to Kohm, the money will be used to help fund area veterans homes.
Since the earliest days of our country, women have played a vital role in keeping our country safe. Often overlooked, these women have served and sacrificed alongside our men. This Veterans Day, the Republic-Monitor honors our community's women veterans.
A special flag will arrive in Perryville on Sept. 16 and be hoisted to a place of honor over the rough ground that is the site of Missouri’s National Veterans Memorial.
“Lest we forget,” reads the plaque on the center panel of the Perry County Wall of Honor at the Perryville City Park. Since April 12, 2014, the Wall has been a place to honor and remember local veterans and their families. On Saturday, the Perry County Military History Museum will host the F…
The Perry County Military History Museum, Thri-vent Financial, The Bank of Missouri and Stonie’s invite the community out to celebrate and honor our veterans with a barbecue event at the Wall of Honor in Perryville City Park.
McCHORD, Wash. — United States Air Force Lt. Col. Gregory “Chuck” Durham assumed command of the 627th Logistics Readiness Squadron based at Joint Base Lewis in McChord, Wash., during a change-of-command ceremony June 15.
For Vietnam veterans and their families, the Vietnam Wall in Washington, D.C. is a place for quiet reflection and remembrance. However, the pilgrimage is a little far for some, and a drive through city traffic can upset a contemplative mood.
The Korean conflict from 1950-53 is often called “America’s Forgotten War.” For the families of Americans killed or missing there, it is anything but overlooked.
General Frank J. Grass was the keynote speaker at the Korean War Veterans Celebration Luncheon on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Area Korean War Veterans were honored during a ceremony sponsored by The Sons of the American Legion Post 133, The Men’s Auxiliary of VFW, The Perry County Milita…
- Mayfest to have special ‘Hometown Heroes’ theme
- County detective honored for efforts
- Wright sets school record at Class 3 state meet
- Public Works boss eager to serve city
- Tera L. Moore
- Kenneth J. Paulus
- John Stephen Vogel
- Saxony boys’ soccer preps for quarterfinal
- Turnovers haunt Indians in district loss to Hayti
- Lyla Jo Pingel
- 2019 SEMO CIT Council Officer Appreciation Banquet
- 2019 Veterans Day celebrations
- GALLERY: St. Vincent at Hayti—11/8/19
- GALLERY: Portageville at St. Vincent — 11/1/19
- Photos: Nebraska hangs within striking distance, but talented Wisconsin prevails in Big Ten clash
- GALLERY Jefferson at St. Vincent — 10/25/19